What We Are Learning: May 2022
In May, we will be learning about:
- Adding and subtracting within 1,000
- We will begin our Water study unit which will include an engineering project.
- What is the culture of Mexico?
- How do writers write persuasive essays?
We will be using the Engineering Design Process to make water filters.
The Engineering Design Process is a step-by-step guide that engineers use to solve problems. Students will discover scientific solutions and learn core content along the way.
The engineering design process has six stages:
1. Ask — Identify a problem, then ask questions to understand it better.
2. Imagine — Brainstorm ideas on how to solve the problem.
3. Plan — Choose one idea and plan how to create the solution.
4. Create — Acquire any necessary materials and create the solution.
5. Test — See if the solution works by collecting and analyzing data, and evaluating strengthens and weaknesses.
6. Improve — Make adjustments to improve the solution, then test it again.
5/2: Eid-Al-Fitr No School
5/18: Parent Association Meeting 6:00 pm
5/30: Memorial Day No School