What We Are Learning: September 2021
- Students will develop an understanding of place value and learn various strategies to solve multi-digit addition and subtraction problems.
- Students will focus on establishing reading habits/expectations in order to create a reading community and develop reading strategies to become independent and thoughtful readers.
- Students will develop writing routines and write about their hopes and dreams for the new year.
- Students will get to know each other.
- Students will create hopes and dreams for the school year.
- Students will create rules for the classroom.
9/16: School Closed, Yom Kippur
9/23: Meet the Staff Night
- The school day starts promptly at 8:10 a.m. Please ensure that your child is in the building no later than 8:05 a.m.
- Homework folders: Please check homework folders daily for important forms to complete and return. Homework will begin in October and will be checked weekly.