What We Are Learning: January 2023
READING: Our next read aloud is called Save Me a Seat. We'll use this to focus on realistic fiction techniques and author's craft, as well as answering text-dependent questions.
WRITING: Students will develop research and note-taking skills, as well as informational writing skills as they write their own non-fictions texts about animal adaptations.
MATH: Students will be expanding their multiplication skills into working with multi-digit numbers. They'll also be learning to divide multi-digit numbers using the partial quotient strategy.
SOCIAL STUDIES: We will continue our project-based learning work on the native uses of plants indigenous to New York.
CHILD MIND INSTITUTE: Students will continue to learn about emotions, their intensity, their function, and how to manage them in our daily lives.
- Tuesday 1/3 - Back to school!
- Friday 1/6 - Class 408 & B302 field trip to Wyckoff House Museum
- Friday 1/6 - PA Meeting and Family Game Night at 6 pm
- Monday 1/16 - Dr. MLK Jr. Day - no school
- Friday 1/20 - Class 409 field trip to Wyckoff House Museum
- Thursday 1/26 - Picture Day
- Friday 1/27 - Class 410 field trip to Wyckoff House Museum
- Remind: Please download the Remind app and check regularly for messages from the school and your child's teachers.
- Communication Folders: Check communication folders daily for forms to complete and return.
- Homework: Homework is assigned each Monday and collected the following Monday, but we check daily, so please remind your child to put their packet back in the communication folder each evening.
- School Uniforms: Please send your child in the uniform shirt each day. Shirts can be purchased at Pins & Needles on Roosevelt Avenue or online.
- The school day starts promptly at 8:10 a.m. Please ensure that your child is in the building and ready to learn no later than 8:05 a.m. The building opens at 7:40 a.m. for those who would like to have breakfast in the cafeteria before school starts.