What We Are Learning: January 2022
- Students will learn how to solve division word problems.
- Students will learn efficient strategies to solve division problems with larger numbers and remainders.
- Students will use various reading strategies and skills to understand and analyze fiction texts.
- Students will look at how writers use various techniques to tell a story.
- Students will read about animal adaptations to prepare for a writing assignment.
- Students will understand how to write a strong paragraph with a topic sentence, at least 3 supporting details, and a concluding sentence.
- Students will learn how to write an informational essay with an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. This will be about the animal adaptations they have researched
- Students will learn about the arrival of Europeans and African slaves to Manahatta and how that influenced the lives of the Native American as well as the development of New Amsterdam. They will also learn about life during Colonial Times.
- In January, your children will start a new unit about Changes on Earth's Surfaces.
January 3: School Resumes
January 17: Martin Luther King Day School Closed
January 19: Parent Association General Meeting on Zoom
The school day starts promptly at 8:10 a.m. Please ensure that your child is in the building no later than 8:05 a.m.
Homework folders: Please check homework folders daily for important forms to complete. Please check folders for graded tests and review the tests with your child. Homework packets will be given every Monday and will be checked daily.