What We Are Learning: June 2021
- Students will understand the connection between fractions and decimals. They will learn how to write fractions as decimals and compare decimals.
- Students will continue to solve word problems using previously taught skills and content.
- Students will use various reading strategies and skills to understand and analyze fiction and nonfiction texts. They will respond to comprehension questions about the texts.
- This month, we will read books and articles about immigration, in connection with our social studies unit.
- Students will pick their favorite genre of writing that they have learned in fourth grade and write a memoir, essay, or fractured fairytale.
- Students will learn about the different waves of immigration in North America.
- Students will start a new unit on computer science and learn how to give directions to a computer and create code.
- Students are working on reviewing previous content and skills such as measurement and reading charts and diagrams.
6/3: School Closed Chancellor’s Day
6/7: Science State Test 4th Grade In person Students
6/8: School Closed Clerical Day
6/9: Science State Test 4th Grade Remote Students
6/17: PA Meeting 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
6/25: Last day of school Full Day of Instruction
- Please continue to check any missing, completed, or returned assignments for grades your child received. If you have any questions, contact your child’s teacher.
- Please discuss with your child the importance of completing their Zearn, Lexia, Xtra math, and silent reading requirements. Check in with them weekly to see if they are completing the required amount.