What We Are Learning: April 2022
- Our students just finished Math testing. We will begin to learn about decimals to the tenths and hundredths place value and how they relate to fractions.
- Students will read texts revolving around immigration. We will work on a unit in which students create projects to help new immigrants who have moved to Sunnyside recently.
- Fourth graders will finish their Fractured Fairy tales. We will begin to write informational pieces to help new immigrants learn about Sunnyside.
- We will study immigration in alignment to our reading unit.
- Students will prepare for the performance-based and written state science tests.
- Students are completing their coding unit by connecting their knowledge of the American Revolution from Social Studies with their knowledge of coding. Each student will present a cause and effect of the American Revolution by coding an animation of the events.
May 2: Eid. School Closed
May 6: 408 Trip to Microsoft
May 11: 410 Trip to Microsoft
May 18: Parent Association Meeting 6:00 PM on Zoom
May 25: 409 Trip to Microsoft
May 30: Memorial Day School Closed
Attendance matters 😁
It is important for students to be in school each day, on time, and to stay for the full day. The school day starts promptly at 8:10 a.m. Dismissal is from 2:25 to 2:30 pm.
Homework folders: Please check homework folders daily for important forms to complete. Please check folders for graded tests and review the tests with your child. Homework packets will be given every Monday and will be checked daily.