Message from Mr. Grover, October 2021
Hello B-302 Families! We are off to a great start this year! The students are really getting into routine, and showing us some pretty impressive skills!
What's Happening in B-302
Students have been working very hard in all areas. We are working on building a strong classroom community in our room. We spend time getting to know each student and allowing them to share their highs and lows. The goal for every student is to become more independent as a learner. We make sure the students have opportunities to have fun once they complete all their tasks for the day.
What We're Learning
English Language Arts
- Phonics & Phonemic Awareness - letter sounds & word ladders
- Guided Reading - decoding skills, reading comprehension and retell
- Writing - Building our reading stamina.
- Double digit addition and subtraction.
- Triple digit addition and subtraction
- Addition and Subtraction word problems.
Science and Social Studies
- We are working on creating a classroom culture while getting to know each other.
- In Science students are learning about different systems and how they are run.
- Student Accounts: Please make sure you can log in to your student’s NYCSA, email, and Google Classroom accounts.
- Therapy Consent: If any of your child’s therapists sent home a consent form for remote therapy, please return ASAP.
- Send a Jacket: Our classroom can get chilly. Please send your child with a light jacket, sweater, or hoodie.
- Supplies: Some families asked what we need. B-302 can use:
- Clorox wipes
- Hand soap
- Important Dates:
- Monday, 10/11 Italian Heritage Day/ Indigenous People’s Day SCHOOL CLOSED
- Wed 10/20 PA meeting on zoom
- Call CLS: 1.718.361.3300
Email Mr. Grover firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on REMIND